Baker Hostetler recently issued the following announcement.
This three-part series will provide issue identification and in-the-moment guidance to assist businesses in effectively meeting today’s myriad challenges. It is offered in conjunction with free Law360 coverage and the Lexis Practice Advisor Coronavirus Resource Kit as well as the BakerHostetler Coronavirus (COVID-19): Legal Considerations resource collection as part of our respective organizations’ commitment to serving the legal community in this time of crisis.
Part 3 will provide guidance for business leaders and their counsel in three sectors particularly impacted by the coronavirus pandemic: Health Care, Life Sciences, and Insurance. BakerHostetler industry experts for each of these areas will review the critical issues of the day for companies and institutions on the front lines of the country’s response to this public health crisis. While the relevancy of topics changes on an almost daily basis, this panel discussion will cover areas such as:
Health care providers:
- Liability issues (to patients and staff)
- Employment issues
- Supply chain challenges
- Government regulation and coordination (Public Private Partnerships, vaccine development, etc.)
- Drug and vaccine pricing
- FDA Warnings Letters relating to COVID-19
- Health insurance: coverage concerns, evaluating the net economic impact of the crisis, and more
- Non-health insurance types that policyholders may pursue for coverage of coronavirus-related loss
- Public relations concerns
- Best practices for assembling an internal and external response team
- Joe Chairez, Partner, BakerHostetler
- Charlene McGinty, Partner, BakerHostetler
- Lee Rosebush, Partner, BakerHostetler
- Ben Knuth, Subject Matter Advisor, Corporate Law, LexisNexis
1:30 p.m. EDT
Original source can be found here.